Eggs - 4 (50gms each, separated)
Flour - 120 gms
Sugar - 100 gms (powdered)
Oil - 3 tbsp
Milk - 4 tbsp
Vinegar - 2 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Flavouring essence - 1 tsp
1. In a bowl, add the eggs whites, essence, vinegar, salt and beat till frothy. Add in sugar little by little and beat till stiff peaks are formed.
2. In a separate bowl, mix egg yolks, oil, milk and flour, and whisk it well to combine without any lumps.
3. Slowly add the stiff egg whites little by little (in 3 parts) to the flour mixture and fold gently. Don't beat or whisk. GENTLY FOLD. The batter should be foamy.
4. Pour the batter in a greased and lined baking pan. Gently shake and tap the pan on a flat surface twice to remove any air bubbles.
5. Bake it in a pre-heated oven @ 170° for 30 minutes.
6. Once done, remove it from oven immediately and with mild force tap the pan 2-3 times on a flat surface to avoid the cake from sinking.
7. Run a knife along the edges of the cake, and remove it. Allow it to cool.
Chiffon cake is ready.
1. I baked in a loaf pan (¾th of the given measurement). Traditionally chiffon cakes are baked in bundt pans.
2. I prefer strong flavouring essence like pineapple to vanilla. So I added pineapple essence and yellow colour to the batter.