Chicken dry roast... It's my Mom's recipe and one of my favorite dish from her cooking. It's so simple and very yummy. Goes with anything or nothing 😋... Yes you can indulge with a bowl of this just like that. I do that 😜.
Happy to share the recipe with you... Here it goes...
Chicken - 1/2 kg
Gingelly oil - 3 tbsp
Sunflower oil - 3 tbsp
1 sprig curry leaves
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Sambhar powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
Fennel powder - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - a pinch
Cornflour - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Clean and wash the chicken.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick Kadai.
3. Add the chicken, curry leaves and salt. Close the Kadai and cook the chicken in low flame stirring occasionally.
4.Cook the chicken till the soup water (which oozes out from the chicken)reduces to 2tbsp, then add Ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
5. As the oil starts separating, add all the masala powders and saute for a few minutes.
6. Sprinkle the cornflour and saute for minute.
7. Turn the stove to high flame, and finally saute the chicken for just 1 minute till it gets roasted. Switch off the stove.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Easy and delicious chicken dry roast is ready to serve.