With basic ingredients, you can simply mix and bake these lovely rosettes. And they'll just melt in your mouth. Yum!!!
Recipe adapted from Pepper, Chilli & Vanilla
Ingredients: (Makes ~ 35 cookies)
125 gms butter (@ room temp)
125 gms maida
50 gms icing sugar
25 gms corn flour
1\2 tsp essence
1 tbsp milk
1. Sieve maida and cornflour together.
2. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add Vanilla essence and maida-cornflour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Add milk and mix till the dough becomes thick, but still sticky.
5. Fit the piping bag with star nozzle.
6. Pipe the rosettes on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper and bake at 180 ° Celsius for 12-15 mins.
7. Remove from the baking tray and place on wire rack to cool.
1. The cookies were mildly sweet, so I sandwiched them with buttercream.
2. If you want to have them as plain cookie, you may add more sugar.
3. My cookie batter/dough was quite thick and so it was difficult to pipe the rosettes. You can add more milk to get the right piping consistency and use a bigger nozzle.
4. I'd like to try this one too...
Will update soon...