Spicy Chicken Gravy
Adapted from Solaiachi's Kitchen
Chicken - 500 gms
Tomatoes-2 (medium-sized, chopped finely)
Gingelly / coconut oil - 5 tbsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Ginger - ½ inch piece
Onion - 2 (medium sized)
Garlic - 10 pods
Green chillies - 1 (2 inch)
Chillie powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-3 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Coconut grated - 5 tbsp / coconut milk powder - 3 tbsp
Cashew nut - 5 / kasa Kasa - 2 tsp
Cinnamon - 2 pieces
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Clove - 3
Cardamom - 2
Kalpaasi - A small piece
Birinji leaf - half leaf
Curry leaf - 15 leaves
Mint leaves - 10 (optional)
1. Clean the chicken and marinate with the ingredients in list 2.
2. Grind the ingredients in list 3 and keep it aside (paste 1).
3. Grind the ingredients in list 4 and keep it aside (paste 2) .
4. Heat a Kadai and add oil.
5. Add the ingredients in list 5.
6. Now add the ground paste 1 and salt. Cook well till the oil separates.
7. Add the marinated chicken. Cook for 3-5 mins at high flame stirring occasionally and then cover and cook at low flame for 5-7 mins.
8. Once the chicken is almost done, add the finely chopped tomatoes. Cook till the oil separates.
9. Finally add the ground paste 2 and cook for 5 mins.
10. Again cook till the oil separates.
11. Add water, If you need a watery gravy.
1. As the chicken is marinated with salt, so while cooking please take care of salt level when adding extra.
2. At each stage wait patiently and cook till the oil separates.